University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

U of L Services

Submitted by 21232f297a57a5a... on Thu, 11/07/2013 - 12:31pm

When you go to use the Library or Recreation Services at the UofL you will need to tell them you are a Social Work Student. Your registration will not show up in the UofL system although you have an ID number. Some people working the Front Dest might be a little confused by this so be sure to tell them right away that you are a Social Work Student and they will check your name on the list we have provided them.

ID Cards

UofL ID Cards

Everyone must get an ID card. If you already have an ID card from last year, that will work just fine. If you do not have an ID card, you can get one done at the Computer Labs in Turcotte Hall (TH218). If you do not have an UofL ID number please see Patty-Jo (room E524 in UHall). You will also need to bring a piece of photo ID to get your new ID card.

Health & Dental Plan

As part of your fees, you are paying for a Student Health and Dental plan through the University of Lethbridge. You can choose to opt out of this plan by providing proof of coverage on another plan. If you choose to opt out you must provide this proof of coverage by September 23, 2016.

The forms you will need to complete are available in the Students Union Office. Once you have completed these forms, bring a copy to the office and the charges will then be taken off your account at the U of C. You can also pick up a brochure at the Students Union outlining the services you are covered for with the plan.